Jar of wishes!

Hello lovelies! hope you are having a good day :) This week i put my crochet projects on hold as i was in a mood to try something different.. while looking for some simple paper crafts, i stumbled upon this origami lucky star tutorial and just looking at them made me want to try it. It's pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it and quite addictive as well.. 

Lucky stars are said to bring good luck and blessings to the person you gift.. you can also fill them in glass jars and it will look lovely on your living room.. there are many colorful paper strips available to make these stars.. i made these from paper strips cut out from color sheets.




You can write some wishes, thoughts or quotes inside these paper strips.. write some things or lists to do in your life and try fulfilling the things given in the star when you open it and see how many you've achieved  in a year. 









Handmade gifts are always way more special as it's made with love to the person you give. I'm going to  make some of these to give them to my friends (in small bottles, maybe). 

Have a fun filled weekend!

9 comments

  1. Are these not the happiest most wonderful little treasures ever! I absolutely love them friend! Oh I will be bookmarking this project for the beans and me!!! A happy weekend to you!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun making them with your lil beans Nicole.. A great week to you too:)

      Delete
  2. Cute little stars. U have made too many. I am also like u anitha jumps from one craft or project to another. recently i have tried paper quilling and i enjoyed making different shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting and fun to try some new things right :) even I like quilling and enjoy making them.. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Anitha, thanks for be my 500 follower!!! I'm so glad for that :) In a few days I'll have a giweaway on my blog to thank my followers. Now I'm your newest folower :) Your pretty lucky stars are really adorable! Lovely idea!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, Ana :) happy that you've reached 500 followers.. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Oh the colours make me drool... They are so vibrant , so full of life! Beautiful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea and they look so pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they look soo cute!! I just love them!! They look perfect in those jars!! :-) What a wonderful way to send best wishes to friends and family!
    Loved your handwriting too! :-) I too have a cursive handwriting!
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete

Update cookies preferences